Remember the Holy Souls in Purgatory…
This is a new, informal, and essentially unorganized group of parishioners who enroll themselves as part of an ongoing apostolate of prayer for the dead. It’s a type of “spiritual association,” if you will. What does this informal commitment entail?
- Enroll yourself for a year or a lifetime. No one is keeping track; it is simply a personal offering. You can commit to pray a Rosary every Monday for the Faithful Departed, and assist the Holy Souls in Purgatory with your Masses, devotions, and good works.
The “Book of the Dead”
Typically the book would be available to sign up names of deceased loved ones. However, we are not permitted to have items in the narthex of the church that could potentially lead to the spread of infection, so this year we have a new plan in place:
- Between now and Nov. 1: submit names of your deceased loved ones using this form, or you can drop off your list at the parish office.
- Names will be bundled and placed on the altar for the month of November.
Ongoing Registration List of the Deceased
- You can also use this registration form to add names to the list of deceased each month in the ongoing list.
- Parishioners may also drop off names of recently deceased family or friends to be included in the bundle each month.
- We will bundle the names and place on the altar to be offered at Mass every First Friday beginning in January.